ONLINE 5TH GRADE
Discover online fifth grade with K12.
Upper elementary school is a formative time in a child's life. As students prepare for middle school, it's important that they're on an academic path that fits their personal learning style and interests.
K12-powered online fifth grade education options empower students to forge their own path as they learn to problem-solve and think critically. As students grow their knowledge and meet personal and academic goals, their support team—including their Learning Coach (a parent or another responsible adult), teachers, counselors, and advisors—is there every step of the way.
Read on to learn more about a personalized approach and discover if a K12-powered online fifth grade program is right for your child.
Prepare for middle school with K12’s online fifth grade curriculum.
A K12-powered personalized learning program not only gives students the opportunity to absorb the knowledge necessary to move forward but also encourages them to engage and interact with it. The curriculum combines the foundations of traditional academic excellence with easy-to-use software.
K12's upper elementary curriculum fosters curiosity, creativity, and exploration while preparing students for the middle school years where they'll have more autonomy. State-certified teachers lead students through engaging lessons and hands-on activities while partnering with parents to guide students on their individual academic path.
Designed to work with your family's schedule, a K12-powered online fifth grade education option is similar to the traditional brick-and-mortar model in a few ways:
- It follows the traditional school calendar year
- Online public school is tuition-free*
- Students receive one-to-one support from teachers and advisors
Unlike the traditional model, however, students have the freedom to learn anytime, anywhere. Our online technology allows students to access coursework anywhere there's an internet connection, and textbooks and learning materials are delivered right to your front door. **
Additional Options for Online Fifth Graders
Differentiated Courses for Diverse Learners
Whether you're interested in enrolling your student in our full-time online school option or wish to supplement their academic career with one or two courses, we offer a diverse list of online elementary school programs and courses.
- Science. K12's elementary science courses teach students concepts in life, earth, and physical sciences through the systematic study of terms and hands-on experiments.
- Language Arts/English. Fifth grade language arts expands students' knowledge in reading comprehension and literary analysis while instilling a love for literature and nonfiction works.
- Math. Our math courses combine exercises in critical thinking and problem-solving with challenge problems, online games, and animations to ensure mastery of basic skills.
- World Languages. Students learn how to read, write, and speak world languages through the study of simple narratives, speaking challenges, and games. Elementary students can choose from French, Spanish, German, and Latin.
- History/Social Sciences. K12's history courses open students' minds to diverse cultures, far-off lands, and distant times by integrating topics like geography and civics.
- Art. Students are introduced to the elements of art from a variety of cultures, eras, and mediums. They also receive the opportunity to create their own works of art, from mobiles and collages to stained glass.
- Music. K12's Spotlight on Music courses enrich students' musical experience through lessons in history, theory, culture, and appreciation. Students also have the opportunity for more hands-on discovery with interactive learning activities such as singing, dancing, creative movement, virtual instruments, and focused listening.
Find an online fifth grade program for your student.
Use our School Finder tool to locate a K12-powered online fifth grade program near you. Keep in mind that some schools only serve residents of specific areas.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help address your technological and computer questions and needs.
**Courses and course materials vary by school and course.